March 7, 2010

Challenge

Getting a new tutoring job does provide a way to earn more money, especially when I have problems supporting my life at this stage. However, my new student is an already-good student who wants to become top. That might be a relatively big challenge for me, since I have never reached the "top-student" level in my life. Maybe psychologically I can't empathize her (or her mom's) ambitions.

Moreover, after teaching students at lower levels, I think my ways of teaching and of thinking about English teaching have become sort of fixed. Perhaps, this opportunity allows me to reflect on my inadequacy both in English teaching and English linguistic knowledge.

Maybe I can't survive, or maybe I can. Who knows? Anyway, since I've decided to take on this challenge, I will try my best to do it. Hopefully, I can gain some precious experiences in the process. If not, there will be nothing to lose. At least, I'll definitely get paid. Ha ha ha!

No comments: